As a way to celebrate 1 year of being able to facilitate discussion on the most vital environmental and social issues affecting societies today, we would like to share some interesting sustainability facts to show how powerful the number 1 really is:
- Recycling 1 aluminum can save enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
- 1 hectare of trees can absorb 6 tonnes of carbon dioxide a year, the equivalent the annual emissions of 1.3 cars
- Less than 1% of the world’s fresh water is readily available for human use.
- In 1 hour more sunlight falls on the earth than what is used by the entire population in one year.
- Only 1% of deaths related to water, sanitation, and hygiene-related causes occur in developed countries.
- 1 single plastic bag can take up to 1,000 years to degrade.
- Less than 1% of the tropical rainforest species have been analyzed for their medicinal value.
Cheers to being 1 year old and these easy-to-remeber environmental facts with the number 1. Feel free to repeat at cocktail parties and thank you to our followers around the world. This next year we will continue to explore global problems providing multi-stakeholder perspectives on solutions and ways you can contribute in your daily lives.
-The Sustainability Co-Op
Congratulations! Well done. The best blog ever!
And those 1 year facts are an eye opening to how important it is to take care of the environment . Amazing article .
Thanks for all the good information and hard work!